Upcoming Webinar Masterclasses
Our topics revolve around these major themes:
Click on the registration button to save your seat.
Negotiating Your Value and Importance – Even If You Are Shy
January 19, 2023, 12:00 p.m. MT
Get Noticed And Have Your Voice Heard
It is no secret that many workplaces make it difficult to speak up or to show your worth. Decision-makers have biases that interfere with seeing their employees for who they really are. Does that mean you should keep your head down and secretly hope to get noticed?
This webinar focuses on strategies to be noticed and have your voice heard in a way that will advance rather than disadvantage your career growth.
Participants will learn:
– Push and pull communication strategies to be heard
– Demonstrating authority and credibility with strategic questions and polite interruptions
– The art of reading and positively influencing body language
– What it takes to be seen as valuable – even if you aren’t over six feet, handsome, white, male and born in February!
This webinar will be more applicable for your career advancement and communication abilities than any technical skills you paid thousands of dollars to acquire – and it’s free.
Show up live to get the best results!
Why Can’t I Delegate?
February 14, 2023, 12:00 p.m. MT
Learn Successful Delegation Techniques
Most managers have difficulty delegating. But without delegation, managers are stressed, teams become passive and productivity stalls.
So what’s the answer?
At our monthly masterclass, “Why can’t I delegate” on Thursday, February 16 at 12 noon MT (2 pm ET), productivity expert, Dr. Marie Gervais will:
1. Reveal the 3 fears stopping us all from delegating
2. Address creating success considerations for delegation and
3. Apply a simple step-by-step solution to replace delegation paralysis with sustained, measured delegation success.
Sound helpful? It will be!
Register today to attend live and get the delegation success handout that accompanies the masterclass.
Dealing With Difficult Bosses
March 23, 2023, 12:00 p.m. MT
Your Inside And Outside Margin Of Control
Bosses can be difficult to read and communicate with. The temptation is to assign blame or participate in gossip – but neither of those behaviours help either in the short or long term.
Let’s get to something that will help!
On March 16, at 12 noon MT, the masterclass “Dealing with Difficult Bosses” with Dr. Marie Gervais, will:
1. Describe 5 typical “difficult boss” behaviours employees experience
2. Provide insights about what need is behind each behaviour to align your strategy with the need
3. Teach you some inner regulation techniques to help you remain calm, confident and focused under fire
So if you are dealing with a difficult boss or suspect you may be one, this masterclass is for you!
Attending live gets you the handy tip sheet for reference so you keep doing the good things you learn at the masterclass!
Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
April 13, 2023, 12:00 p.m. MT
Career Maker Tools To Help You Decide
We all experience the feeling of being stuck in a less than satisfying career or job role. It can hard to figure out whether sticking it out is a better career move than looking for something new. Then just when you think you have made a decision, the fear of loss kicks and makes you doubt your choice either way!
Can you tell there is personal experience here?!
You will be happy to know there are helpful decision-making tools that can pave the way to a solid career decision and get you safely to your next goal.
On April 13, at 12 noon MT, Dr. Marie Gervais will offer the masterclass “Should I stay or should I go?” to show you these decision tools. You will learn:
1. How to test your inner pros and cons/red flags and green flags
2. What steps to take to secure your decision at different stages
3. Where to look for confirmations and opportunities
4. How to avoid resorting to either ostrich or a bridge burning behaviours
You will be able to apply this learning opportunity to many upcoming decision moments in your life, so don’t delay, register today!
Understanding Cultural Conflict Styles At Work
May 18, 2023, 12:00 p.m. MT
Explore The Multicultural Differences In The World Of Work
Today’s workplace is increasingly diverse. In a multicultural context, you may experience confusion or or hurt feelings when experiencing words or behaviours that seem different from your own. There are some key differences between culture, personality and performance issues at work and it helps to avoid misunderstanding t when you can read and respond appropriately to each.
On May 19, at 12 noon MT, during the masterclass “Understanding cultural conflict styles at work”, Dr. Marie Gervais will explain the five main cultural conflict styles, how respond more effectively to each and questions that can help both avoid conflict and negotiate cultural conflicts. You will learn:
1. Why it is important to distinguish between personality, cultural and performance issues
2. The five cultural conflict styles and how you might have experienced them in your own extended family contexts
3. How to use curious questions to avoid unnecessary cultural misunderstandings and build understanding
This masterclass will be followed in June by a longer three hour workshop to practice skills and learn phrases that reduce friction and increase understanding.
Get a head start on your learning during the May masterclass!