Can you remember the 4 basic tasks of your job search plan?
- Daily Tasks
Set small goals that relate to each of these…simple things like:
- I will spend 30 minutes checking out internet job boards everyday
- Every week I will connect with 2 new contacts
- I will join a job search group on Facebook
- Using LinkedIn, I’ll find someone who has my dream job and reach out to learn how they got there
- I get to take one day off every week to do things that refresh me
As you take care of the daily tasks, weekly tasks, and include “staying hopeful” tasks in your job search plan, you’ll be able to keep your motivation up and enlist the help of others while you find the work that is waiting for you.
Looking for more resources on getting work you’ll love? Check out Canadian Workplace. It’s a facilitated course you take online to get insights into Canadian workplace expectations and it covers everything from understanding Canadian employers and managers to dealing with sensitive workplace issues. Find all the information HERE.
“I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”