Upcoming Free Webinars
Our free webinars feature expert interviews about leadership, best practice employers, career build strategies and Canadian workplace culture tips.
Our topics revolve around three major themes:
- Tips for internationally-trained professionals
- Best practices for employers
- Leadership development
Click on the webinar titles to save your seat (we’ll even give you a spot in webinars already past!). Links become live when registration opens.
Developing a leadership mindset: The journey from operations to supervisor thinking
March 1, 2018, 7:30 a.m. MST
Often people who are good at their jobs at the operations level are promoted to supervisory positions without training for the new role
Often people who are good at their jobs at the operations level are promoted to supervisory positions without much thought about how to equip them for success in the new role. What can you do to assist supervisors with transitioning from hourly, operational thinking to salaried leadership thinking? What if YOU are the supervisor who needs to develop these skills?
- Understand the difference between operations thinking and management thinking
- Use two people and organizational strategies for supervisory competence
- Apply on-the-job coaching strategies to team coaching learning opportunities
Learn valuable tips for improving your supervisory thinking and rock your outcomes!
Finding a job in Canada
March 15, 2018 3:00 p.m. MST
Finding a job in a new country is not the same as finding a job in your home country.
Find out what newcomers typically do wrong when they are looking for work in Canada, and avoid those mistakes by learning what Canadian employers are actually looking for.
Participants will learn:
- what typical mistakes could stop you from getting work and how to avoid the
- how employers expect you to approach them and position yourself
- what typical – but hidden – Canadian employer expectations are
- barriers newcomers face and how to over come them
You will also be introduced to a helpful job search planning resource and an opportunity for certification in Canadian workplace intercultural competency to help your resume stand out.
Save your self months of frustration by registering for this free information packed mini-training about finding work in Canada!
Ignite your team with diagnostic informed leadership
April 11, 2018 11:00 a.m. MST
There’s more than one way to light the fire of collaborative engagement on your team!
This mini training will show you a new approach for team capacity building that combines the power of diagnostics and leadership training to build individual and group competency.
In this mini-training you will learn:
- How to use soft-skill development to increase productivity and collaboration
- A systems approach to teams
- How data provides knowledge for teams and leaders
- Why Spaced Learning is key for to retention and engagement
Expert workplace learning presenter Renée Safrata, Founder of VIVO Team, will explain how team diagnostic is the essential first step towards happier, more effective teams, less missed deadlines, and less employee turnover.
Strategies to manage workplace conflict
May 16, 2018 11:00 a.m. MST
Have you ever wondered what tools could help you solve workplace conflicts?
This mini-training will show you how to use three conflict resolution strategies, provide some insights into how and when to depending on the context.
Here is what we will cover:
- The first conflict management strategy is based on your goal and relationship.
- The second tool uses principles from the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Style Index to show types of conflict styles.
- The final strategy uses five types of intercultural conflict styles and demonstrates how they play out in any workplace.
Together the three strategic approaches offer a satisfying set of tools to address most workplace conflicts whether you are in conflict with a colleague, an employee or a manager.
Don’t wait to register for this limited registration session!