Special opportunity for employers looking for talent!
Aligning your talent management with inclusion, February 5, 2018 Workshop
Plus 2 follow up web sessions to apply the content to YOUR workplace!
Presenter: Marie Gervais, Shift Management Inc.
What are the benefits of being an inclusive employer?
Glad you asked! When people think of your business as inclusive this is what they imagine:
- A happy and productive workplace with diverse employees who love to come to work.
- Diverse clients, repeat business, employee referrals
- A successful business that generates profit and makes a difference
- You as a go-to employer who sees talent wherever it shows itself
To learn how you can apply inclusion to your workplace talent management strategy, register for our “Employer Certificate in Workplace Inclusion” program beginning with a half-day workshop on February 5th (8-11:30 a.m) and your choice of two applied web seminars offered from March to May.
In this hands on program, you will:
- 1. Experience the Global Diversity and Inclusion Index and see how to apply it
- 2. Apply pieces of the Ultimate Employer Hiring and Retention Handbook to your workplace
- 3. Improve your recruiting and retention initiatives by planning a short do-able workplace inclusion project to use right away
- 4. Discuss your project with supportive colleagues
- 5. Get an Employer Workplace Inclusion Certificate and logo when you complete the process
Successful participants will have completed:
- 1 half day workshop
- 2 web sessions
- 1 homework assignment
Ideals get real with an Employer Certificate in Workplace Inclusion
You will learn:
Web sessions $97
PART 1: February 5, 2018, 8-11:30 a.m. Workshop
Location: BNI Training Centre, 18933 – 111 Avenue
PART 2: EITHER March, April or May, 2018 two 90 minute web sessions: one the first Tuesday and the second on the first Friday of the month
Tuesday sessions 9-10:30 a.m.
Friday sessions 12:30-2:00 p.m.
ONE ½ day workshop and TWO 90 minute web sessions
Marie Gervais, PhD., CSTD, CEO, Shift Management Inc., specializes in helping people develop intercultural competency, manage the diverse workforce and strategize for career flexibility. Her company focuses on using online courses, web coaching and blended learning programs to help newcomers build careers in Canada and equip industry to build talent.
Her Supervisory Leadership Certificate course helps people who move up from operations to management with the necessary personal, interpersonal and leadership skills to manage. Through a blended approach of coaching, online work and web community, Marie equips front line supervisors with the confidence and strategies the need to lead.
Recently Marie and her team created the Multilingual Video Stack library for Canadian immigrant serving organizations and employers of diverse workforces. In 2016 she worked with multiple stakeholders including not for profit partners and employers to build the Alberta Global Talent site with an assessment tool, videos and downloadable resources. She also designed the Canadian Business Accounting for Internationally Trained Accountants for CPA Canada. The Canadian Workplace Certificate course; 10 eLearning modules and group coaching for internationally trained professionals and their managers, has had over 10,000 users internationally. It has a Facebook page, group and YouTube channel of the same name. A lifelong learner, Marie is a credentialed evaluator with the Canadian Evaluation Society and a Certified Training and Development Professional.